Sunday, July 17, 2011

Updates from Brazil

2 PKs ready for a day at VBS:  Luke & Trey (Pastor Sam Dennis' son from ParkwayHills)

Brad & Luke are in 2 different cities for these first 8 days of the trip.  Luke is in a bigger metro area leading VBS for a LOT of kids.  He is on the rec team, so his days consist of playing "futbol" with the kids.  I can just see him high-fiving the little boys as they score a goal!  :)  I miss him so much, but know God has his hand on Luke.  I still pray daily that God will draw him close to His heart.  Will you pray that with me too?

Brad is in a smaller village.  Here is the first text I received from him:

"We r here eating.  It's beautiful.  Miss you"

Then yesterday:

"We're in a very poor area.  Talked with 2 drunks.  Food is weird.  The jungle is around us.  Luke is in a much bigger metro area.  I'm preaching on the radio every day this week.  Preaching big service every night."

This morning I got a forwarded message sent to Brad from Luke:
"Hey dad it's Luke  Bon Gia were having fun.  Yesterday we went to this cool town and they were having a celebration so talk to u later bye Tchau love you"  

(I'm going to have to talk to that boy about punctuation.)  ;)

We send texts for free with an app on our iphones called "Viber".  So thankful for that.  

Brad called today and he's resting this afternoon.  He preached last night to a big crowd and 20 people came forward afterward to give their lives to Christ.  Praise the Lord!  What an amazing blessing!  Brad said he finally feels like he's getting a groove, as the first few days he was just getting used to everything.  I know he's reaching people with his authentic and magnetic personality that I fell in love with.  

I'm so proud of my boys and thankful that God has given them this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment